6.09.2007

Moses Lake Triathlon


I managed to achieve one of my major goals for the year today when I completed the Moses Lake Triathlon. Your basic olympic triathlon consists of a one mile swim, a twentyfour mile bike and a 10 K run. A sprint triathlon halves all those distances. The particular event that I participated in was a "family" triathlon, which is a sprint triathlon where the swim distance has been halved again to a quarter of a mile.



Swim Time : 9:28
Transition 1 : 5:32
Bike Time : 55:23
Transition 2 : 0:58
Run Time : 34:33
Total Time : 1:45:56

To be frank, the race was really freaking hard. I managed to complete it and my times weren't abysmal, but the start of the 3K run after the 12 mile bike ride was pretty difficult. Still, I enjoyed myself and I'm planning on doing another one in Mid-September. It's funny how competative stuff like this can make a person. Though my only stated goal was to complete the triathlon, I'm already plotting ways to improve my race time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang, I can't even imagine doing that. Congratulations!

So... You doing STP next year? ;)

- Charles