4.27.2007

Aquarium Setup - Steps One and Two

I'm putting together a 55 gallon freshwater tropical community aquarium.

Step One :
  1. Assemble aquarium stand

  2. Place aquarium

  3. Wash 60 lbs. of gravel and put gravel in tank

  4. Add water

  5. Assemble and install filter

  6. Assemble and install lights

  7. Place aquarium decorations

















Step Two :
  1. Calculate tank's watts to gallon ratio for lighting. (1.45)

  2. Generate a list of desired plants based on light ratio and placement in tank.

  3. Generate sketch of plant placement and determine number of plants needed.

  4. Order plants from online distributor of aquarium gear.

  5. Have plants shipped overnight.

  6. Add chlorine and chloramine removing chemical.

  7. Put plants in tank.

  8. Add water to the lip of the tank.

  9. Add fertilizer to water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

STEP THREE: Profits!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Looks good. I take it this will be just plants? I want an aquarium without fish, actually, but everyone I've mentioned that too assures me I *have* to have fish to keep the tank clean. Good to see a counter example.

- Charles