4.19.2007

Dungeon & Dragon Cancelled

Yes. The news went out today. Finally. September will be the last month that the magazines of Dungeon and Dragon will publish issues.

I can't say that I'm surprised. In fact I'm not. Those of you that know me should know why.

I can't really comment on Dragon, as I've never read it, but I can tell you that the quality of Dungeon's material has lagged pretty badly for quite a while. Paizo had the the rights to use WOTC's entire catalog of D&D IP and yet all they did was continue to publish adventures that were nothing more than a rehash of 1st edition adventures.

I can't imagine that WOTC was ever pleased that Paizo wasn't supporting the new products they were putting out by publishing material that completely ignored its existence. Hello, Eberon?

I can say that I'm glad I decided to cancel my year-goal of submitting ten articles to Dungeon. It was a smart move on my part.

I can say that I'm excited to find out how this new online thing is going to work. From what I can tell, WOTC is going to be looking for contributors, and I plan to contribute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It feels like I've been kicked in the gut while my eyes are being pecked out by crows.