8.21.2007

Get Out Of My Head

Not much has been going on since the great conflagration. Scottland is currently away on a business trip and I'll be turning 33 on Thursday.

Mikey was sternly punished last night for blatantly sampling the "Kitty-Roca" while the Roca-making machine was in the box making said Roca. As in, I've just gotten into bed and the lights are off. The dog's on the bed. I can hear Stromboli in her box doing her business. Mikey suddenly gets up and walks into the Scooby room. Noises ensue. I get up and find him in the middle of the room looking at a chunk of Roca only half covered in its delicious crunchy outer covering of cat litter. Tempers flare. Noses get put into the Roca. Dogs get swatted, sternly admonished and then put into the walk-in closet for the rest of the night as punishment. Cat's luxuriate on the bed they don't have to share. I can't wait to have children.

In other news, before GenCon and the "Big 4nnouncement" Ryan Dancey, ex brand manager (I believe) of Dungeons and Dragons wrote a series of articles relating how he feels cooperative tabletop games (IE RPG's) must change if they are to remain relevant. I was rather shocked to see that many of his thoughts parallel my own. I'm going to post a link to the summary of his five article series. If you want to read the whole thing you can find it in the archives on his blog.

Evolve or Perish

On the one hand it's great to see the thoughts I've been kicking around on the subject validated by someone with a lot more "street-cred." On the other hand it makes me realize that some of this stuff that I thought was quite innovative isn't. Still, reading Mr. Dancey's post helped me crystallize some of my thoughts and I now think I have an idea of what GoatDog Game's first electronic product will be. You know, assuming GoatDog has products one through three and is turning enough of a profit roll money back into R&D.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!

- Charles