8.16.2005

BSG

I love BSG with all my heart and soul. Some of the stuff in the most recent episode (Season 2 Episode 5) was a bit cheesey. Still, the show is so good it's fairly easy to forgive the minor mis-steps. I'm a bit concerned that the show is going to veer into the realm of "Cylons can't have babies because they don't know love" crazy stupidity. My guess that's just what Sharon-Bot believes because she's obviously the "please kick me because I have so much love to give" model.

Still, I was thinking about the show this afternoon and something "profound" suddenly occured to me.

THE CYLONS ARE THE ZERG.

Sort of. Think about it. They operate as a crude hive mind. They mass produce biologically engineered organisms designed for a single function or set of functions. There is a set of more sentient engineered organisms that do a lot of the thinking for the hive mind that cannot be killed through conventional means as they just grow new bodies into which their minds are transferred.

It all sort of makes sense in my head. And, if that's the case, where is the The Overmind? And more importantly, who is Kerrigan? Baltar?

No comments: