8.30.2005

Going Away BBQ

On Saturday, August 27th I organized a BBQ in honor of my imminent departure from the pacific northwest was a modest success. People had a good time and most of the people I was expecting attended. I was a bit disappointed that my parents, my Aunt Stefani and Danielle weren't able to make it, but I'm fairly confident I'll see all those people again.

We had a Lord of the Fries tournament that went fairly well. Robert, Amy's boy-toy, came in first place with a score after three hands in the high 100's. Jason Robertson came in second place with a score in the low 100's. My friend Bruce came in third place with a score in the 80's. I, of course, came in last place with a score of 14. Yes, after three hands of the english menu without the special rule I had a whopping score of 14 points. Apparently I was being punished by the goddess of luck for making sarcastic comments about how much ass I was going to kick.

Here's a link to pictures that Scottland took of the event.

No comments: