11.18.2005

UGH.

That's the only word that describes how miserably tired I am right now. I was feeling pretty chipper last night when Scottland called me, but then I stayed up until 1 AM eating toast, drinking tea (yummm, dinner) and reading about gas absorption after I got home from campus at midnight. It's not that I'm surprised that I feel like animated garbage, I just don't particularly like it.

So yeah, school is kinda tough right now. To my legion of adoring readers, I apologize for the repetative nature of my blog. Unfortunately, the Dantean hellscape that is my first term in graduate school is literally the only thing that seems to exist in my world right now. Except, of course, when Scottland comes to visit or when I fly up to Seattle for visit.

I know that my singular fixation on graduate school is not a good thing. I need to force myself to get more sleep and eat better. Sadly, when given the choice between slaving away at the saltmine and taking care of myself, I'd rather continue slaving. Not that that seems to help me do any better in my classes. So far, I've done midling to down-right crappy on my midterms and run the very real risk of being put on academic probation next term, if not outright asked to leave. Not that I'd necessarily miss grad-school at this point.

Anyhow, I'll try and lay off the endlessly repeating "grad school sucks and I'm tired" posts. Even I'm getting bored with them.

1 comment:

the beastlet said...

i can understand your pain. i meet with the financial people at school tomorrow. it reminds me that i start school again in less than 50 days. granted i don't have to worry about gas absorbtion [insert giggle here] on your next visit, I'll show you a 3D program interface for the psychological scarring