9.28.2007

Winnona Ryder is The Enemy


Or, at least that's what a new RPG product reviewed on rpg.net would have you believe.

In short, Covert Generation is an RPG whose premise is that Gen-X'ers are all part of an evil worldwide cabal bent on the subjugation of all free-thinking individuals that don't drink Starbucks.

Only those under the age of 18 have the skills and gumption to end this secret rule of tyranny. You know, once they get done posting on myspace, sorting out their drama, finishing their shift at Taco Bell and getting permission to borrow mommy's Escalade for the night.

I know, I know. It sounds really silly. And it IS silly. Part of me wants to laugh at the game and make fun of it because the premise is so lame. But then, I have to give the creator props for putting something like this together all on his own.

If you actually go and look at the material he's posted on his site you can see that it's reasonably well put together for an Indie production and the writing itself is snappy, easy to read and gives you a fairly good idea of tone of the setting.

Still, I doubt I'd actually bother trying to play this game if I had a copy. It just doesn't appeal. But then again, I'm a member of "The X."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good read, and has potential-like most games, a lot of it is in how it's played!