3.08.2009

Good News

Unemployed No More

Yesterday was my first day of work at a local plant nursery. The job is more physically demanding than I'm used to but more relaxing and satisfying as well. It's nice to have my life back, though I'll need to be as frugal as I was when living in Davis.

Sunrise over Haleakala

XAMPP

In other news, I installed XAMPP on the XP half of "Mikey" (my recently ressurected Dell Inspiron 1000. I still plan to setup a LAMP environment on the Linux partition I created in Mikey's other half.

I had zero trouble installing XAMPP with the exception of the MySQL service. I even downloaded an MD5 checking utility and used it from the command prompt to determine that the downloaded install package was free of errors. A couple of quick google searches and I was able to fix the MySQL service.

Now if only I could figure out how to actually do something with Apache . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I heart you.