2.22.2009

I Think I Need To Have My OS Reinstalled

A guy I met on the tubes (a rather cute one from Florida with a boyfriend in Spokane) was telling me the other day that he had confused me with my ex (Scottland) after he saw a picture of the two of us "standing in front of a rock." I think he meant the pictures of us from when we visited Natural Bridge in Virginia while back east at Bob's wedding.

This conversation spurred me to go back and read some of my entry's from years past. In particular, I dwelt on those written during the six months of self-abuse known as "two quarters at the UC Davis department of Chemical Engineering." It was interesting, reading those posts. I could really tell how much I hated graduate school and what a number it was doing on me.

That being said, it felt like my posts back then were funnier, even when I was bitching about how over my head it felt like the still rising waters were. It was like I had more of a sense of humor. Maybe the last year has been tougher on me than I really give myself credit for. I mean, it's been hard dealing with the Avalanche of Dooms, but I'd always assumed that it hadn't really changed me. Maybe it has.

Oh, and "Hi" Suzanne. You're like, the only person that reads this blog anymore. Do you have an RSS feed set-up or did you just happen to blunder into that post on switch statements right after I put it up?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally have you on RSS baby ;)