2.25.2009

Oops, I Milestone 7'd

Well, only a little bit.

Late last night I coded up the bit that fills in empty hex's closest to the center with randomly colored tiles. The time interval between block placement doesn't scale with score, but that's only because I haven't coded in any sort of way to keep score.

I got to thinking about Milestone 5. Working up the code to generate and place the hex cells was tough and so was the code to allow for click-swapping. But the code for pattern matching? That's gonna take the cake. Before I dive into what will likely be the gnarliest part of this project, I need to make durned sure that I know how I want this game to work.

With that in mind, I spent a couple of hours this morning reaquainting myself with a bunch of different click-match games. It's getting late so I'll go into the analysis tomorrow. Besides, I need to think about it a bit more.

No comments: